We're adding a couple of twists to the classic, original Rice Krispies Treats recipe.
First, we're adding marijuana.
That addition alone takes this to a higher level. (Click here to see the traditional recipe with this weedy update).
But then we're taking it one step further and replacing the Rice Krispies cereal with Honey Nut Cheerios cereal.
Mind blowing, right?
It's so good, that we think this is how it should always be made.
Of course, don't take our word for it. We encourage you to give it a try for yourself.
But we do think that this recipe should come with a bit of a warning.
- You're going to want to eat way more than one. Like WAY more.
- You're going to want to eat so many more, that we actually recommend whipping up two batches of this recipe. One batch should contain weed. The second batch should be made without the ganja. That way you can eat one of the "special" treats and then eat the entire other pan without getting so high that you forget your name for a week.
- If you don't follow step 2, just know that you might want to eat the entire pan of Cannabis Honey Nut Cheerio Rice Krispie Treats. If that happens, you may forget your name for a week. Don't say we didn't warn you.
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
If you’re new to cooking with cannabis, you’ll want to learn more about getting started. It’s not hard to cook with cannabis, but there are a few things you’ll need to understand first. For this recipe, you’ll need to know:
- How to Decarb your Weed
- How to Make CannaButter
- Our dosing guidelines (how much you’ll want to eat to find your perfect high). For this recipe, we recommend cutting your Cannabis Honey Nut Cheerio Rice Krispie Treats into 12 equal servings.
How to Make Cannabis Honey Nut Cheerios Rice Krispie Treats
This recipe will truly bring back your best childhood memories. But it will be like you're looking at your childhood through an amazing filter of marijuana and Honey Nut Cheerios.
This is a filter that we really wish someone would make for Instagram.
First you’ll mix CannaButter, regular butter and marshmallows in a microwaveable bowl or in a pot on the stove and melt them all down.
Then you’ll stir in your Honey Nut Cheerios cereal.
And finally you’ll press them into a greased 9×13 pan. Let them cool, cut them into 12 equal servings and enjoy!
It really is that easy to get high.
Just remember our warning from above - you should also make a batch of these without the CannaButter so you can really eat as many as you want.
HOW HIGH WILL I GET WHEN I EAT ONE OF THESE CANNABIS Honey Nut Cheerios Rice Krispie Treats?
You can read all of our dosing guidelines here. For this recipe, we recommend cutting your Cannabis Honey Nut Cheerio Treats into 12 equal servings.
How do I Make this Recipe without Marijuana?
We're so glad you asked this question because it makes us feel like you're really listening to our warning. It's easy to make this recipe without weed. Simply replace the CannaButter in the recipe with regular butter.
- 2 tablespoons CannaButter
- 1 tablespoon regular butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows
- 6 cups Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- In a large saucepan, melt CannaButter and regular butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Honey Nut Cheerios cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using wax paper, evenly press mixture into 9×13 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into 2-inch squares to create 12 equal servings.
- Best if served the same day.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat regular butter, CannaButter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Follow steps 3-7 above.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
- To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- To make this recipe vegan and dairy-free, use the dairy-free butter of your choice when making your CannaButter and as a substitute for the regular butter.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Rice Krispies Treats, Cannabis, CannaButter, Honey Nut Cheerios, dessert, marijuana, weed, pot, ganja, edibles
NO ACCIDENTAL HIGHS!
As with all of your cannabis edibles, be sure to label your cannabis creations. Here are free printable labels you can download.