Chewy. Gooey. Weed Rice Krispie Treats are here to soothe away all of your rough edges.
Enjoy this easy childhood classic original recipe as you relax into the perfect cannabis-infused high. There is no craving these satisfying edibles won't cure!
Even if you don't know how to make Rice Krispie treats, you'll be able to make these!
Want to eat your feelings?
Feel your own crunchy edges melt away as these chewy, gooey Rice Krispie Treats get you high.
Cannabis-infused butter folds perfectly into this recipe to level up your childhood favorite treat to your adult favorite edibles!
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
If you’re new to cooking with cannabis, you’ll want to learn more about getting started. It’s not hard to cook with cannabis, but there are a few things you’ll need to understand first. For this recipe, you’ll need to know:
- How to Decarb your Weed
- How to Make CannaButter
- Our dosing guidelines (how much you’ll want to eat to find your perfect high). For this recipe, we recommend cutting your Cannabis Rice Krispie Treats into 12 equal servings.
How to Make Cannabis Rice Krispie Treats
This recipe will truly bring back your best childhood memories. And the process you follow to make them will be just like the process you followed as a kid.
With one tiny ingredient change.
First you'll mix CannaButter, regular butter and marshmallows in a microwaveable bowl or in a pot on the stove and melt them all down.
Then you'll stir in your Rice Krispies cereal.
And finally you'll press them into a greased 9x13 pan. Let them cool, cut them into 12 equal servings and enjoy!
It really is that easy to get high.
(And if you like this version, you're going to love the version made with Honey Nut Cheerios!)
How High Will I Get When I Eat One of these Cannabis Rice Krispie Treats?
You can read all of our dosing guidelines here. For this recipe, we recommend cutting your Rice Krispie Treats into 12 equal servings.
Will these Cannabis Rice Krispie Treats Change My Life?
Anything is possible. And lives have certainly been changed by less. We say give it a try!Print
Cannabis Rice Krispie Treats
Chewy. Gooey. Weed Rice Krispie Treats are here to soothe away any of your rough edges. Enjoy this easy childhood classic original recipe as you relax into the perfect cannabis-infused high. There is no craving these satisfying edibles won't cure! Even if you don't know how to make Rice Krispie treats, you'll be able to make these!
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 12 1x
- 2 tablespoons CannaButter
- 1 tablespoon regular butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- In a large saucepan, melt CannaButter and regular butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using wax paper, evenly press mixture into 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into 2-inch squares to create 12 equal servings.
- Best if served the same day.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat regular butter, CannaButter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Follow steps 3-7 above.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
- To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- To make this recipe gluten free, be sure to purchase gluten free Rice Krispies Cereal.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, use the dairy-free butter of your choice when making your CannaButter and as a substitute for the regular butter.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Rice Krispies Treats, ganja, marijuana, pot, weed, Cannabis, Cannabis Spatula, munchies, snack
NO ACCIDENTAL HIGHS!
As with all of your cannabis edibles, be sure to label your cannabis creations. Here are free printable labels you can download.
How potent are these on a scale of 1-10?
In our kitchen, these were coming in right around 14.5 mg of THC per serving. Keep in mind that this can fluctuate based on the quality of the cannabis you're using. And what feels like a 10 on the scale for us, may only feel like a 2 on the scale for someone else. We recommend that everyone following our dosing guidelines when enjoying edibles at home. https://cannabisspatula.com/potency-and-dosing-guidelines-for-cannabis-edibles-recipes-found-at-cannabis-spatula/
I am a daily smoker and just made these today. I found they were light and would probably use more cannabutter. I started with half a treat then a whole one I think my tolerance may be higher but I would rather not have to eat 3 to get anything from it so if you are a regular marijuana user I would use more cannabutter, luckily rice krispie treats are an easy recipe to tweak.
Thanks for this tip!
How much extra would you put in? I’m going to make these tomorrow, but I know they won’t be strong enough to my liking. I am a daily smoker as well.
3-4oz butter. 2tbsp equals 1 oz so 6-8 tbsp total. With the right potent butter you'll be straight
Might want to amend your Vegan adjustments - marshmallows typically contain animal-derived gelatin. You will need a glucose syrup or tapioca based alternative which sadly doesn’t melt or bind the way real marshmallows do.
It should not have said vegan. Thanks for letting us know!
I've found that when using vegan marshmallows you need more butter than with regular marshmallows.
Can infused coconut oil be used in place of just the cannabutter?
Yes! Let us know how it turns out.
how long can i store it in a ziploc bag outside the fridge and freezer?
Two to three days at room temperature. Enjoy!