This cheesy Cannabis Hashbrown Casserole is the ultimate edibles comfort food. It is cheesy and warm and will get you so high. It's an easy gluten free recipe that is made with CannaButter. Your brunch game will be permanently elevated to a whole new level. (But obviously you could eat it for dinner or lunch or as a snack. No judgement here!)
Before You Get Started
If you’re new to cooking with cannabis, you’ll want to learn more about getting started. It’s not hard to cook with cannabis, but there are a few things you’ll need to understand first. For this recipe, you’ll need to know:
- How to Decarb your Weed
- How to Make CannaButter
- Our dosing guidelines (how much you’ll want to eat to find your perfect high). This recipe makes 10 servings.
How to Make Cheesy Cannabis HASHbrowns
You're going to want to take a bath in this HASHbrown casserole. We're not kidding.
And the recipe could not be easiser since you're using frozen hashbrowns.
Is this Cannabis Hashbrown Recipe Gluten Free? Or Can I Make it Gluten Free?
In general, yes. There are no ingredients in this recipe that contain gluten. That said, if you have celiac, you'll want to ensure that the frozen hashbrowns you're using are certified gluten free.
Can this Cannabis Hashbrown Casserole be Frozen?
Yes! Bake the casserole per the recipe instructions. After it has cooled, divide it into individual serving sizes (¾ cup per serving). Store in airtight containers in the freezer for up to three months. When you're ready to eat one, thaw it in the fridge overnight and then cook at 350 degrees F until desired temperature is reached.
Is this Cannabis Hashbrown Casserole Recipe healthy?
- 20 ounces frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or about 2 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons CannaButter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour (for a gluten free version, use the gluten free flour of your choice. We like Cup 4 Cup.)
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease oven safe dish (2 quarts or 9x13).
- On the stovetop, melt Cannabutter and butter, and slowly whisk in flour, garlic powder, ground pepper.
- Once the cannabis butter mixture thickens, continue to whisk and slowly add chicken broth.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- In a large mixing bowl, add thawed hashbrowns, chopped onions, cheddar cheese (saving some cheese to sprinkle on top) and pour cannabis butter mixture sauce over the top.
- Mix well.
- Transfer into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cook for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Serving Size: ¾ cup
Servings per Recipe: 10
Dosage: Approximately 21-22 mg THC per serving. Dosage determined using marijuana with 10% THC.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Hashbrowns
Keywords: comfort food, cannabis, breakfast, brunch, freezer friendly, marijuana, weed