Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddy - no matter what you call this easy marijuana muddy buddies recipe, you're going to love the extra kick from the cannabis. This no bake edible treat is made with CannaButter and is freezer friendly - so you can make a double batch and enjoy it for months afterwards.
You'll never want to eat Chex Mix Muddy Buddies without weed again. Bonus - It's completely gluten free! Yum!
Consider this the sweeter version of your favorite Cannabis Chex Mix. It's perfect for the holidays, to give as gifts or even to munch on all summer long. The hardest part will be limiting your serving size.
👩🏻🍳 BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
If you’re new to cooking with cannabis, you’ll want to learn more about getting started. It’s not hard to cook with cannabis, but there are a few things you’ll need to understand first. For this recipe, you’ll need to know:
Follow these simple steps for this easy cannabis nutella recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast the hazelnuts on a baking sheet until they're slightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely and then peel.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Stir until it's smooth and let cool.
- Grind the hazelnuts and oil in a food processor until they form a paste.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into airtight container(s). We like to use mason jars. This recipe will fill two half-pint mason jars.
- Mixture will appear runny but will harden as it cools.
- Once completely cool, place lids on jars.
- Store in the cabinet for up to 3 months.
We told you this was a simple recipe!
🍽 SERVING SIZE + DOSING
Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Servings per Recipe: 16
Dosage: Approximately 16 mg THC per tablespoon. Dosage determined using marijuana with 10% THC.
Want to make this recipe MORE potent? Here are a few options:
- Use a stronger strain of marijuana when making your infusion.
- Use MORE decarbed weed when making your infusion.
- Use Cannabis Chocolate for some or all of the chocolate.
- Eat more! 🙂
Want to make this recipe LESS potent? Here are a few options:
- Use a weaker strain of marijuana when making your infusion.
- Use LESS decarbed weed when making your infusion.
- Replace some of the 3 tablespoons of Canna Oil with regular oil.
Make it Gluten Free
The best thing about this recipe is that it's already gluten free! Woo hoo!
Make it Dairy Free
You'll simply want to make sure to use dairy free melting chocolate. We like Gefen Dairy Free Chocolate Chips.
There are several variations you can try with this recipe!
- Experiment with cookies: You can use this recipe with ANY of your favorite cookies. You can use store bought or bake your own!
- Give as gifts!: A mason jar full of Cannabis Cookie Butters makes the perfect gift for a friend or loved one! Just be sure to label it properly!
- Try different ways of eating it: Eat it by the spoonful, use it to make a sandwich, use it as a fruit dip or even scoop it up with pretzels. Yum!
🥘FREEZING AND STORAGE
Do not refrigerate. Refrigeration will cause the mixture to harden.
We don't recommend freezing your Nutella as the texture will not be the same after you defrost it.
ROOM TEMPERATURE INSTRUCTIONS
Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three months.
📋 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use dark chocolate?
The recipe will absolutely work with dark chocolate, but it will definitely taste different than the traditional Nutella you're used to. Milk chocolate is probably best.
What do I eat with Cannabis Nutella?
The sky is the limit (no pun intended)! Here are a few of our favorite ways to eat Cannabis Nutella:
- Use it as a dip for pretzels or pita chips
- Serve it on toast
- Make a Cannabis Nutella sandwich
- Spread it on waffles or pancakes
- Eat it with croissants or biscuits
- Drizzle it over fresh fruit
- Stir it into oatmeal
- Make a smoothie
- Add it to your yogurt
Why is it called Muddy Buddies? Is there another name for it?
Yes! It was originally called Puppy Chow because it so closely resembles puppy chow. Once it caught on in popularity, Chex cereal printed a recipe on the box called Muddy Buddies.
It's also called: Monkey Munch, Muddy Munch, Reindeer Chow and Doggy Bag
Is Puppy Chow healthy for me?
Ummm.... no. Not even a little bit. But eat up and don't worry about calories or fat or anything other than feeling blissed out on this tasty treat.
Is this a Midwest thing? I've never heard of it.
It was started in the Midwest and continues to be popular there, although it is spreading to the far corners of the US.Print
Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddy - no matter what you call this easy marijuana muddy buddies recipe, you're going to love the extra kick from the cannabis. This no bake edible treat is made with CannaButter and is freezer friendly - so you can make a double batch and enjoy it for months afterwards. You'll never want to eat Chex Mix Muddy Buddies without weed again. Bonus - It's completely gluten free! Yum!
- 9 cups Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup CannaButter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Measure cereal into large bowl and set aside.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and CannaButter uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into 2-gallon ziploc bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Divide into airtight bags or containers.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Servings per Recipe: 18
Dosage: Approximately 19 mg THC per serving. Dosage determined using marijuana with 10% THC
Keywords: Gluten Free, Dessert, Sweet, Cannabis, Marijuana, Weed, Edibles, Holidays