- 1 1/4 cups oil or butter - you can use the oil of your choice (like olive oil, vegetable oil, MCT oil or coconut oil). You can also use salted butter, unsalted butter or even dairy-free butter.
- 1/2 counce decarbed weed - you can choose the strain of your choice.
- 4 cups water
- At least one 32 ounce mason jar with a lid. (You'll need one mason jar for each infusion.)
- Pour water into instant pot.
- Place decarbed weed into mason jar and add butter or oil.
- Place the lid on the mason jar (do not overtighten the lid).
- Place mason jar inside the instant pot and close and lock the instant pot.
- Set the Instant pot to slow cook, low, four hours.
- When finished, carefully remove the mason jar from the instant pot and unscrew the lid.
- Pour the mixture into a french press and strain.
- Pour infusion into an airtight container and store appropriately.
OILS: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to six months.
BUTTERS: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month and in the freezer for up to six months.
There are a couple variations for this recipe:
- Make more than one infusion!- Want to make CannaButter AND Canna Oil? Use two mason jars and cook them at the same time. In one mason jar, combine your decarbed weed and butter. In the other mason jar, combine your decarbed weed and oil. Cook together and strain and store separately.
- Make one infusion with different cannabis strains - Want to make a sativa CannaButter and an Indica CannaButter? You can! Simply use two different mason jars. Place butter or oil in both mason jars and use your sativa in one and indica in the other. Cook them together and strain and store separately.
SERVINGS AND DOSING
This recipe makes 1 cup of Cannabis Butter or Oil
Dosage: Approximately 175 mg THC per ounce, or 87.5 mg per Tablespoon. Dosage determined using marijuana with 10% THC.
Want to make this recipe MORE potent? Here are a few options:
- Use a stronger strain of marijuana when making your infusion.
- Use MORE decarbed weed when making your Canna Oil.
- Decrease the amount of butter or oil you start with (this will give you less than one cup of finished product).
Want to make this recipe LESS potent? Here are a few options:
- Use more butter or oil in the infusion.
- Use a weaker strain of marijuana when making your infusion.
- Use LESS decarbed weed when making your infusion.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: infusion
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Cannabis