Craving the perfect sugar cookie, but you also want to get high, and you don't feel like baking anything up from scratch? You've come to the right place!
This Cannabis Sugar Cookie is made with store bought sugar cookies. You simply whip up the Cannabis Cream Cheese Frosting, and you're in business. (You can also just eat the frosting by the spoonful - we won't tell!)
If you enjoyed the pot brownies made from a box recipe, you're going to love this Cannabis Sugar Cookie recipe. It's just as easy (actually - maybe even easier?) and could be considred a no-bake recipe if you're into labels.
👩🏻🍳 BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
If you’re new to cooking with cannabis, you’ll want to learn more about getting started. It’s not hard to cook with cannabis, but there are a few things you’ll need to understand first. For this recipe, you’ll need to know:
- Milk chocolate
- CannaOil (we like canola or coconut)
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
See recipe card for exact quantities.
Follow these simple steps for this easy cannabis nutella recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast the hazelnuts on a baking sheet until they're slightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely and then peel.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Stir until it's smooth and let cool.
- Grind the hazelnuts and oil in a food processor until they form a paste.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into airtight container(s). We like to use mason jars. This recipe will fill two half-pint mason jars.
- Mixture will appear runny but will harden as it cools.
- Once completely cool, place lids on jars.
- Store in the cabinet for up to 3 months.
We told you this was a simple recipe!
Make it Gluten Free
The best thing about this recipe is that it's already gluten free! Woo hoo!
Make it Dairy Free
You'll simply want to make sure to use dairy free melting chocolate. We like Gefen Dairy Free Chocolate Chips.
There are several variations you can try with this recipe!
- Experiment with cookies: You can use this recipe with ANY of your favorite cookies. You can use store bought or bake your own!
- Give as gifts!: A mason jar full of Cannabis Cookie Butters makes the perfect gift for a friend or loved one! Just be sure to label it properly!
- Try different ways of eating it: Eat it by the spoonful, use it to make a sandwich, use it as a fruit dip or even scoop it up with pretzels. Yum!
🍽 SERVING SIZE + DOSING
Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Servings per Recipe: 16
Dosage: Approximately 16 mg THC per tablespoon. Dosage determined using marijuana with 10% THC.
Want to make this recipe MORE potent? Here are a few options:
- Use a stronger strain of marijuana when making your infusion.
- Use MORE decarbed weed when making your infusion.
- Use Cannabis Chocolate for some or all of the chocolate.
- Eat more! 🙂
Want to make this recipe LESS potent? Here are a few options:
- Use a weaker strain of marijuana when making your infusion.
- Use LESS decarbed weed when making your infusion.
- Replace some of the 3 tablespoons of Canna Oil with regular oil.
📋 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use dark chocolate?
The recipe will absolutely work with dark chocolate, but it will definitely taste different than the traditional Nutella you're used to. Milk chocolate is probably best.
What do I eat with Cannabis Nutella?
The sky is the limit (no pun intended)! Here are a few of our favorite ways to eat Cannabis Nutella:
- Use it as a dip for pretzels or pita chips
- Serve it on toast
- Make a Cannabis Nutella sandwich
- Spread it on waffles or pancakes
- Eat it with croissants or biscuits
- Drizzle it over fresh fruit
- Stir it into oatmeal
- Make a smoothie
- Add it to your yogurt
Do I have to put this Cannabis Cream Cheese Frosting on a Cookie? Can I just eat it?
Of COURSE you can just eat it! Just be aware that the dosing size is one tablespoon. Also, the cookie does help to cut down on the taste of the weed, so you may or may not need that cookie. (It's also super tasty on graham crackers!)
Will you judge me if I put a spoonful of this in my coffee?
Ummm, no. In fact, that's a brilliant idea, and I'm irritated that I haven't been doing this all along.
🥘FREEZING AND STORAGE
Do not refrigerate. Refrigeration will cause the mixture to harden.
We don't recommend freezing your Nutella as the texture will not be the same after you defrost it.
ROOM TEMPERATURE INSTRUCTIONS
Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three months.Print
- Store bought sugar cookies - either already baked or ready to bake
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup CannaButter, softened
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- If necessary, bake sugar cookies per package instructions. Let cool.
- Combine all other ingredients and stir well.
- After sugar cookies have cooled completely, spread pre-portioned icing onto the top of each cookie.
Use the dosage guidelines below to determine how much to spread on each cookie. (There are approximately 14 - 15 mg of THC per tablespoon of frosting).
Serving Size: One Tablespoon
Servings per Recipe: 20 Tablespoons
Dosage: Approximately 14 - 15 mg THC per tablespoon. Dosage determined using marijuana with 10% THC.
Keywords: frosting, cream cheese, dessert, sweet treat, easy, cannabis, weed, marijuana